We are looking for a Press Operator to operate sheet fed presses in accordance with job ticket specifications. This candidate will learn how to utilize the press console and spectrophotometer to achieve and maintain color consistency on press and trouble shoot print and machine problems. It is important that the candidate have strong leadership skills because he/she will be responsible for directing crew activity as it relates to the press and its jobs. The Press Operator will be asked to participate in Department Lean programs as well as provide process improvements to meet the company goals. Folding carton experience is not necessary but it is preferred.
- 1st shift with overtime requirements.
- High school education or GED.
- Candidate must also have experience running multi-color sheet fed presses with coaters. It is preferable that the candidate have experience with Heidelberg machines.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must have folding carton experience in a production environment.
- Must have experience producing high end quality products. Samples of completed work preferred for review.
- Understanding of LAB values, dot gain, density and screen angles.
- Color Acuity test will be given and an acceptable score must be achieved.
- Mechanical aptitude test will be given and an acceptable score must be achieved
Jay Packaging Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.