- Make ready, operate and maintain the folder/gluer machine.
- Identify, troubleshoot and correct product defects caused by gluers.
- Set and operate machinery to published job specifications.
- Identify problems and make basic repairs to Finishing Department equipment.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on folders/gluers.
- Enter production data electronically.
- Be able to fold and glue both SBS and plastic folding cartons.
- Run machinery at high speeds.
- Be able to use hot melt, extrusion and pot adhesive application systems.
- Be able to label application equipment for security tags, labels and coupons.
- Be able to use high speed imprinting equipment.
- Make ready, operate and maintain rigid window application machine.
- Make ready, operate and maintain flexible window application machine.
- Make ready and run both in-;ine and auto-bottom folding cartons.
- Maintain housekeeping standards and adhere to safety rules.
- Achieve targeted performance standards on make ready, run, non-chargeable times and scrap.
- Provide daily feedback to supervision regarding all aspects of shift activities.
- Complete forms, logs, and records as required.
- Follow direction of Shift Team Leader.
- High school education or GED.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Basic math skills.
- Pass a mechanical aptitude test
- Be willing and able to work overtime with required shift flexibility
- Must have own tools.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a folder/gluer operator.
- Basic mechanical ability and aptitude.
- Candidate must be able to effectively interact with others in a team environment.
- Must be able to lift, move and carry 40 lbs of weight.
- Prior mechanical experience
- Prior machine operator experience
Jay Packaging Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.