- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on machinery.
- Perform inspections and document results for building, grounds, installed fire systems, hazardous waste holding areas and emergency lighting systems.
- Perform minor plumbing and carpentry work.
- Troubleshoot pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Support all departments' process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain a word order log.
- Participate as a member of the President's Safety Committee.
- Minimize downtime of critical production equipment.
- Research, order and track the delivery of required parts for the plant.
- Maintain the appearance of the facility.
- Hazardous material handler.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5 years of experience.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in the English language.
- Have the ability to lifts 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use power tools.
- Must be able to use measuring equipment such as a fluke multi-meter, dial indicator and caliper.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical prints and mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Mechanical aptitude test and color acuity tests will be given and acceptable scores must be achieved.
- Must be able to handle a fast paced, manufacturing schedule and environment.
Jay Packaging Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.